Tuesday, October 25, 2016

5) AirBnB

AirBnB is a website where landlords can list their properties for prospective renters looking for temporary vacation housing. These properties can range from private rooms to entire houses and even to couches on which travelers can crash for the night for about $10! AirBnB also pays you $20 per person you refer to the website who books a reservation.

If you're just getting started with email marketing, AirBnB is a great introduction to the practice. My method for getting referrals is to take listings from AirBnB and re-list them on Craigslist in the vacation rentals section. In my Craigslist ad, I write "contact me at (gmail address) for information about renting." AirBnB gives you $20 worth of free travel credit just for joining through someone
else's referral link, so I configure my gmail account to reply with an automated message telling people that the property they saw on Craigslist is being listed through AirBnB, and they'll get a good deal of $25 off on their first night of they decide to book. In addition to a potentially great commission, I also get email addresses which I can add to my list for further uses down the road.

Click here to sign up.